Five, four, three, two, one… the clock strikes twelve, and 2018 has arrived! But… what now? Whatever you do — don’t fall back on that couch and continue your normal, boring routine from last year. It’s time to shake things up! A new year brings a new timeline in your life and fresh opportunities to become a happier, healthier, better version of you! Not sure how to make 2018 the best year ever? Argolog has got you covered — here are a few resolutions to help you kick off into the year.
- Set a daily schedule. I’m going to get everything done tomorrow, we promise ourselves every day as we procrastinate on our growing responsibilities until the very last minute. This year, let’s start doing. Prevent yourself from getting distracted and falling behind schedule by mapping out your day! Just five minutes of planning before the big day will give you more time with your family, friends, and you-time! You’ll thank us when you go to bed early the night before a big test.
- Exercise. Burn off all those calories from your holiday dinners (it’s okay, we ate a lot too). Feel refreshed and energized every day by taking an early morning run or doing jumping jacks in the backyard. Exercise has countless long-term health benefits that will bring out the best in you!
- Smile. Okay — just with every year, there will be tough obstacles waiting for you this year. Although a smile seems to be a very minor action with little impact, it is so much more: it reminds you to be grateful for all the positive outcomes of your life so far. Plus, you will look fabulous in pictures with your family and friends.
- Be active in the community. There are two types of “I’m tired”: the unproductive “tired” and the productive “tired.” Let’s get up from our couches and start giving back to the wonderful people around you. Volunteer, join extracurriculars, start a conversation with new people, and challenge yourself! Trust me, you’ll feel proud of yourself when you come home from a long day of bonding and helping the people around you.
- Hold yourself accountable. We often make excuses for our mistakes such as “I forgot to feed the dog because my brother kept yelling at me” and “I failed the test because my teacher is a bad teacher.” Failures burn, yet they are life’s greatest teachers. Rip off that bandage and start learning from your mistakes! It will only get better from there.
You have a long road — 365 days, to be exact — ahead of you, so make every day worth it! Best of luck Argos!