There are many questions that have haunted mankind from the beginning of time. What came first, the chicken or the egg? How was the universe created? What will I get on my AP test? But most pressing of all: do they like me back?
Navigating and figuring out your own emotions is already hard enough. Figuring out somebody else’s emotions is a different rodeo entirely, except where the horses are made out of spikes and slide-whistle covers of early 2000s love songs are blaring and everything is on fire. It’s hard. You get the idea. Lucky for you, Argolog has an extensive team of love experts (me) and we (I) are here to help you answer this burning question with a few foolproof methods.
- The “Took my Breath Away:” This one is perhaps the simplest one to pull off without drawing too much attention to yourself. Just get close enough to your love interest to see them clearly and for them to see you, and then observe their breathing patterns. Are they still breathing? If so, they don’t like you; your presence wasn’t enough to take their breath away. Are their lips going blue, their veins bulging with love, and their eyes as red as a Valentine’s Day candy box? You took their breath away! They must be really into you.
- Turn Your Love Blinkers On: In the wise words of the sea witch Ursula, never underestimate the importance of body language. A few simple blinks can tell you a lot. If you look at your crush and they blink, it means they probably like you. If you look at your crush and they blink more than once, they definitely like you.
- The Social Media Survey: A surefire way to get your crush bearings? Stalk their social media, and watch carefully. A boy is only really interested if he doesn’t have any posts, especially pictures, that include girls. Yes, of course this includes his mother. You’re looking for commitment, aren’t you?
- Test Your Love: In any successful relationship, trust is key. Sharing is too. If somebody likes you, they should share everything: loving words, happiness, social security numbers, and the most obvious of all, test answers. If they refuse to share? They clearly don’t like you, and they’re also clearly not worth your time. Also, remember, if your crush asks you for homework, then that’s crossing a line. They’re just using you. Drop them.
- Priceless Love: You want somebody who treats you right, and if your crush buys you not just one, but two items off the McDonald’s Dollar Menu? They’re totally into you. And also a keeper.
- Write it Out: The best way to confirm that your crush fancies you? Get a direct answer from them. But be subtle about it — you’ll want them to fill in the blanks, literally. For your convenience, here’s a helpful worksheet for them to fill out before you pop that question.
. . .. … … … …
. . . . .
. . …………….. ..
. . . .
. . . . .
. . .
. . . . …………
. . .