- If you have any, what are some of your pre-game routine? Pre-game meal?
- How long have you been playing this sport and what got you into it?
- What was something you got out of this sport?
- How has being part of the team change you?
- Role model/inspiration
- Biggest challenge?
- What pushed you past your limit?
- Memorable game?
- If this sport was gone, what other sport would you choose to play?
- Did you ever hit a breaking point during training or game? If so, how did you get out of it?
- How do you mentally prepare before the game?
2. I’ve been wrestling for 3 years. My best friend and I just wanted to try out, so we did.
3. I got muscular, and I got the chance to try a new sport that I never knew I was good at.
4. Being part of this team made me realize that it doesn’t take one person to win the match. It really takes all of us working together to make each other better.
5. My role model is Coach Hastings and Shahrestani. They push me to become better and faster all the time. They just want to see me succeed in life, and I love both of them for that.
6. Biggest challenge was cutting weight. It was hard for me to stay on
weight because I love to eat, but in wrestling, you had to cut weight in order to wrestle in the specific weight class you wanted to compete in.
7. I just think about someone that I dislike and take it out on that person.
8. The match was against this boy who was bigger than me, and it was a boys’ tournament. We lasted 3 periods and he couldn’t pin me. I ultimately lost, but I wasn’t worried about that because I was happy that I actually put up a fight against him.
9. I would choose to play basketball.
10.Yes, during training..but Coach Hastings was always there to pick me up and tell me “You’re a Masoe, you got this, you’re okay, almost to the finished line.”
11. I pray and wait patiently for my match.