Hayley Castanos, otherwise known as “Barbie”, is always looking good on and off the courts; with one of the most consistent and deadly serves on the team, she is one of the many assets on Varsity. Jenna Nguyen (11) mentions, “ when Hayley gets a set she always smiles, it’s the cutest thing ever because she’s always so happy to play.”
- If you have any, what are some of your pre-game routine?
- How long have you been playing this sport.
- Pre-game meal
- What was something you got out of this sport?
- How has being part of the team change you?
- What got you into this sport?
- Role model/inspiration
- Biggest challenge?
- What pushed you past your limit?
- Memorable game?
1)Every game I always tell myself this is going to be a good game and to give 110%2) I’ve been playing volleyball since 4th grade so about 9 years maybe more.3) I don’t really have a pre-game meal I kinda just eat whatever I want and whatever I’m craving.
4) This sport has taught me about trust and if you don’t have trust you can’t get anywhere.
5) Being a part of a team has helped me to become a better person and become more outgoing. I used to be the shyest person in my class and family and volleyball has helped me break through that.
6) Ever since I was little I had a lot of energy and I needed to do something with it so I joined sports and volleyball happened to be my favorite.
7) My inspiration to play is Keri Walsh. Ever since I was younger and watching her play made me want to become a better player. I’m hoping to make it into the Olympics one day.
8) My biggest challenge in volleyball is being proud of myself. Sometimes it’s hard to know you did all you can do on games and still not feel that you did your best.
9)The most difficult thing in volleyball is unsportsmanlike conduct because volleyball is supposed to be a fun sport and when you have rude people it’s hard to get over it.
10) My most memorable game was my sophomore year making it to semifinals. That was the most amazing thing my volleyball career by far.